Including flavor chips into your cooking can truly expand your options. Try some of our many flavors to spice things up. Enjoy these 3 original flavor chip recipes!
To begin, prepare your chosen flavor of Smoking Flavor Chips by soaking several handfuls for a half-hour in cold water. Be sure to allow them enough time to soak up enough water to last the entire time of cooking. You will need a smoker-chip box in order to use your chips. Put a couple of handfuls into the box and put your box on the grill. Once they have begun smoking, you are ready to begin cooking! Find both a variety of flavor chips and your smoke-box here at Hewlynn Home and Garden Center.
- Cherry Sage Pepper Steak Recipe: (Cherry Flavor Chips)
- The day prior to barbecuing your steak, tenderize and rub your steak down with a teaspoon of sage, ½ a teaspoon of black pepper, ½ a teaspoon of pink salt and a teaspoon of olive oil. Rub these flavors in very well. This compliments the cherry flavor chips. After your smoke chips have begun, place your steak on the grill and allow it to char 4 to 5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Continue to flip your steak over for another 4 minutes for medium-rare, 6 minutes for medium and 9 minutes for medium-well. Enjoy the touch of cherry flavor, providing you with a unique new twist for yourself or guests!
- Mango Rosemary Brandy Chicken Recipe: (Apple Flavor Chips)
- Begin your recipe by marinating 4 – 8 oz. pieces of boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a large Ziploc bag with one jar of mango salsa, ¼ cup of brandy and a teaspoon of rosemary. Allow this marinating process to sit for 24 to 48 hours. Once your barbecue is ready and your Apple flavor chips are smoking in the smokebox, grill your chicken breast on the grill until each side is golden brown and your chicken is thoroughly cooked through. If you’d like, you may also cook your marinade in a small pot to pour over the chicken after it is cooked. The mango, rosemary and brandy all are complemented beautifully with the apple flavor chips.
Red Pepper Orange Whiskey Pork Chops (Whiskey Flavor Chips):
- Using thinly sliced pork chops, begin marinating by squeezing a half an orange over 4 to 6 pieces. Add a teaspoon of salt, ½ a teaspoon of red pepper, a teaspoon of olive oil. The citrus will naturally tenderize the meat and will really pop while being complimented by the whiskey flavor chips. Once your chips begin smoking, grill your pork chops 4 to 6 minutes on each side until browned and cooked thoroughly through.